Does God Forget?

Thursday, June 29, 2006

God longs to forgive sinners! But in the minds of many people this thought seems too good to be true. Countless sermons have been preached to convince guilt-ridden individuals that it is true. Many of these sermons emphasize the idea of God not only forgives the sinner, but He also forgets the sin. I’ve often said it myself, never doubting its soundness.

I cannot set aside that sometime I was questioning the biblical basis of God grace of forgiveness. But after reading Hebrews 8:12 “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” He says He’ll remember them no more that promise not to remember them make me feel assure and confidant. But it doesn’t mean that we are allowed to continue in sinning after all God will forgive us.

If we confess and as forgiveness, God promises to forgive and never bring up your sin against us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home