When my father leave inheritance

Monday, July 03, 2006

Yesterday, when I was looking at my mother - I remember how admirable my father was. He worked hard and did his best for us. He was faithful to my mother throughout his life. I am not saying this because he is my father, I am expressing this because I admire him as person - he remained wonderful and good man throughout his years.

The way I present my father seems like a perfect guy, but I and my siblings wouldn't hide some facts that once in his lifetime, my father brought difficulty in us. But the truth is I can’t relate to the obstacles he brought in us during those time. I know deep inside of me, he didn’t make some effort to relate with us - his childrens. He wants us to live according to the rules and regulation he nailed to his family. All I know it’s look like living in a military camp. He acted as a general, my mother was the leutenant, and we are the private soldiers. He created a wall instead of bridge. He didn’t talk to us. But sadly speaking we didn’t have a guts to talk with him too. The only way to commune with my father was throught the help of my mother, she acted like an interpreter. It was terrible that time, I feel so suffocated.

When my father pass away, I was so lost. I didn’t know how to start my life again, maybe because my life depend in him. It takes years for me to move on and live my life without him. But throughout the continuance time of ourlives we realized how important he is in our daily life. Those are the time I personally discover that my father give us the greatest gift. My father make sure that he will not left us empty. He thought us how to live and stand in our feet. He makes us strong to face the storm. He make us a real person.

Everytime I read Matt 25:34 when God said “Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.” It reminds me of my father. He was like a king. He acted like a king to all of the family - he leave inheritance, he prepared us for the future, and he continued walking in us until now. But we need to accept the truth that he is no longer in us, he went back to his creator. The only things I shall do is to wait for the time that I will meet him again and thank him for the thing he has done in us

Tay, I miss you and I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home