When People asked

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I visited one of the chatroom once and I started telling them about Christ. I’ve posted some verses to share the goodness of Christ. Shocking reaction quite strike to my face when a lot of questions pop-up into my screen. One of the questions catches my attention is - when one the guy there asked me why innocent people suffer if there is a loving God. At first I felt I've lost my mind, I didn’t know how I establish my answer. What I did I say a little pray and beg God to give me wisdom to answer that kind of inquiry. But unfortunately that is not God's way of reveiling the truth.

Deep inside of me I know that question is one of the struggled of philosophers and theologian for a thousand years. Knowing that I am not a philosopher and theologian is quite hard for me to back-up my assertion that God is all loving and all powerful. Because of that the best defense which is I could do is to ask them back instead of answering him. I believe that is not what God wants me to do. The scripture make this thing clear, God said in 1 Peter 3:15 “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear” So sadly speaking I did share the hope and reason I have in my heart.

After that incident I decided to study and do some searching. And I am so proud to tell to all of you that God grant my prayer, He revealed to me how truly amazing He is.

My next posting is the biblical and philosophical view why do innocent people suffer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home