Green Pasture

Monday, January 07, 2008

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. – Psalm 23:2

Walking in the seashore, climbing the mountain, and smelling the fresh air is an amazing experience. Those are good moments in my life. The beautiful experience once I had taste is a glance of heaven. Having that kind of experience, the Lord gives me a new picture and courage to face a life challenge. It motivates me to move forward in a better and bright future.

In Psalm 23:2 God gives us a picture of a lovely place - A promise of calmness and repose that would satisfy our soul. It provides the idea of contentment, peace, and joy which are the result of His love and provision. God will make this for our future. The Lord is so grateful; He ought this kind of promises. I knew that I am not worthy to lie down in green pastures, but through His love and power, by faith I am enable to find rest in His promises.

Sometimes, the sheep (believer) fears, neither pitfalls nor enemies, but the shepherd leadeth them beside the still water. The shepherd provides “still water” maybe it is a design of the everlasting love of God. This water supply a streams and flowing river of life to his sheep. We can drink it freely without a doubt; because the water is pure that gives new life to a sheep.

What else can I ask? Nothing …. All I can say is praise God that our souls have a green pastures to lie down and still water to ease all the pain, suffering, and tears. This verse is eternal statement which gives hope for the entire believer like me. One day all of us will walk in one accord, praising and glorifying God continually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home